(28 weeks pregnant)I was very fortunate during my pregnancy. I had no morning sickness :-) Other than the back pain, I really enjoyed pregnancy. At the beginning, I had cravings for mexican food, especially tacos. Then again, you might think I'm pregnant everyday since I love mexican food anyway. At the end of the pregnancy, I craved sweets. My mom would make brownies, and I felt like eating the entire pan. Every night Blake and I would read from a book we bought. It told us daily what was happening with the baby. It was great to find out what was going on each day. We found out in May (between 18 and 19 weeks) that we were having a boy. Blake and I had only decided on the name Cade Leland the day before the sonogram. I felt like we needed to have the name when we went in to find out if it was a boy or a girl. Of course we began shopping for him immediately. We were so excited! I made it through a Texas summer for my 5th to 7th month, which isn't saying much. It didn't really affect me. Texas heat is Texas heat, whether you're pregnant or not, it's still not comfortable.
Blake did a lot of traveling over the summer with all of his camps and the NY mission trip. I really wanted to go to NY with everyone, but we thought at 28 weeks pregnant it wouldn't be the best idea for me to do all of that walking.
I was able to make it to 39 weeks pregnant before we induced due to high blood pressure and the possibility of toxemia.
I truly believe that because God made us wait for this baby, we appreciated every moment that much more. I never wanted to complain about pregnancy because I had been asking for it for so long. Blake and I viewed it solely as a blessing despite any of the negatives that came along with it. It is my prayer that everyone would view pregnancy as a gift no matter what the circumstances. There are people everywhere who struggle for days, months, and years to get pregnant and unfortunately, some are never able to conceive. Remember these people when you, or someone you know, are going through the aches and pains of pregnancy. God has blessed you (or them) more than you will ever know, and I thank God everyday for the pain that I still feel everytime I look at my son.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." ~James 1:17
No comments:
Post a Comment