Sunday, January 4, 2009

OCTOBER 10, 2008: Cade Leland Arrives!

On Thursday, October 9th Blake and I went to my weekly doctor's appointment, and we found out that my blood pressure had elevated higher than it should be. There were also some proteins present in my lab work. These were both signs of the onset of toxemia. My doctor told me to just take it easy and keep an eye on my blood pressure over the weekend and she would check me again Monday. Of course, news like that would keep anybody's blood pressure elevated :-) Blake and I went to our friend's, the Krauska's, that night for dinner (which was delicious: steak and baked potato). Autumn had a blood pressure machine at home, so I was able to borrow it to take my blood pressure throughout the night. I went walking that evening with my dad to try to induce labor, and I took my blood pressure when I finished to see how activity would affect me, since I was supposed to go to work the next day. My blood pressure was higher than before. We tried it several different ways to make sure that it wasn't just the walking that provoked the high blood pressure. After too many poor readings, we called the doctor and scheduled an appointment for 9 AM the next morning.



Friday, October 10th: Blake and I packed up the car that morning (just in case) and headed to the doctor's office. As soon as we arrived, Minnie (our doctor's assistant) took my blood pressure, which was still high, and my doctor sent us over to Baylor to be induced, a very surreal moment. We checked in at 10 AM and went to our room. Since it was a long day, I'll just give you the quick synopsis.



11AM: Pitocin started

5PM: 4 cm dilated, broke water

6 PM: Epidural (was begging for it at this point)

10 PM-11 PM: 10 cm dilated and ready to go!
At 11:40 PM, Cade Leland Clickner entered this world weighing 8 lbs. 9 ozs. and measuring 20.75 inches.







It was a wonderful and worshipful experience for me and everyone in the room (Blake, Marlo, Dr. Lawson and a couple of nurses). All the pain and hunger from the day was immediately erased when they placed Cade on my chest. It was such a strange feeling to know that this was our son. Blake was able to see Cade's first breath, which proved God's power even more. We are so truly happy to have Cade in our lives, and we give all of the glory to God for him.

1 comment:

  1. Have to admit - reading this brought tears to my eyes (I'm a dork, I know) - You two are an amazing couple who are incredible parents! CAde is luck to have you!!

    ReplyDelete