
Cade had his first taste of cereal today. It was quite comical to watch him try to eat off of a spoon. He didn't last very long before he wanted his bottle instead, but it was a start. We can't believe how fast he is growing, which was confirmed by his Dr.'s visit on Friday.
He weighed 17 lbs. 5 ozs. (93%) and was 26.5 inches long (95%). Dr. Sonnen said he looked great, and his lungs sounded better than on Tuesday. He also gave us the okay to try some cereal and foods with Cade. I wasn't sure if he was going to, though. First he had to give us his speech about the lack of nutritional value in baby food and the commercialization of it being forced upon the last few generations. Blake and I just smiled and nodded. I'm all for listening to the doctor's advice, and I am glad to know that we don't have to rush into feeding him, but I am realistic. Cade is a big boy and cereal seems to be more filling. If not, luckily, no harm no foul.
Cade also got his next set of immunizations. Blake thought he would have to leave the room after his last traumatic experience, but Cade actually did pretty well. After his band-aids were put on, I gave him his "bink" (pacifier) and held him, and he seemed to calm down considerably. Blake wanted me to cry, though ;-)
Cade is growing into such a little man, and I'm thankful for him everyday!
He weighed 17 lbs. 5 ozs. (93%) and was 26.5 inches long (95%). Dr. Sonnen said he looked great, and his lungs sounded better than on Tuesday. He also gave us the okay to try some cereal and foods with Cade. I wasn't sure if he was going to, though. First he had to give us his speech about the lack of nutritional value in baby food and the commercialization of it being forced upon the last few generations. Blake and I just smiled and nodded. I'm all for listening to the doctor's advice, and I am glad to know that we don't have to rush into feeding him, but I am realistic. Cade is a big boy and cereal seems to be more filling. If not, luckily, no harm no foul.
Cade also got his next set of immunizations. Blake thought he would have to leave the room after his last traumatic experience, but Cade actually did pretty well. After his band-aids were put on, I gave him his "bink" (pacifier) and held him, and he seemed to calm down considerably. Blake wanted me to cry, though ;-)
Cade is growing into such a little man, and I'm thankful for him everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment