Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Backtracking: A prayer for patience

I thought it'd be a good idea to give everyone a little background information instead of starting in the middle of our story. With a new baby consuming our time, this will be in parts.



Blake and I had been married for a year and a half when we decided we wanted to try and have a baby (July 2005). At the time we were living in Wewoka, OK. Blake was a youth pastor there, and I was finishing college. In August 2006 we moved back to Texas where I had been offered a teaching position. Blake and I had yet to visit a doctor to check out what was going on, so we found a doctor who specialized in infertility. In January of 2007, tests were run, and we were told that our chances for conceiving on our own were slim to none. There were a couple of options including a few procedures, but Blake and I weren't ready to stop trying on our own.

We continued to pray for patience. God was trying to teach us something. It was not an easy task. Blake and I were emotionally tired. Although we couldn't see it at the time, God was pulling us closer to each other and closer to Him. We hoped that this longing in our heart would be filled, and if it was not in God's will for us to have a baby, we also prayed for contentment...more to come

On a different note, Happy New Year!!! Blake and I are so blessed with a great family, wonderful friends, and, of course, a beautiful baby boy who was an answer to many prayers. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment